Kenneth F. Eichner
Kenneth F. Eichner has a legacy of powerful courtroom victories. He is a former prosecutor and public defender, and is one of Colorados premier trial lawyers. He has practiced criminal law for over 30 years and has over 140 jury trials. He represents individual clients and corporations in criminal prosecutions, regulatory investigations, grand juries, and internal investigations. Ken has not lost a federal jury trial against the Department of Justice or any county court jury trial involving domestic violence since 1998.
- Represented presidential candidate Hillary Clintons technology services provider in connection to federal and congressional investigations in Colorado and Washington, D.C.
- Defended a Canadian citizen accused of six counts of sexual assault; case dismissed after preliminary hearing in Denver.
- Represented the president of a construction firm accused of illegally exporting to an embargoed country; no charges were filed.
- Secured an acquittal following a six-week federal jury trial for a contractor accused of insurance fraud by State Farm and other carriers.
- Dismissed rape charges against a physician in Denver District Court.
- Achieved not guilty verdicts for entertainment figure charged with domestic violence and false imprisonment in Boulder County Court; the jury took only nine minutes to rule in the clients favor.
- Won acquittal in felony sex assault jury trial in Jefferson County District Court.
- Awarded below-federal guidelines sentence where the client was accused of money laundering nine million dollars in U.S. District Court, Miami. The client faced 240 months and was ultimately sentenced to 18 months.
- Dismissed a restraining order against N.B.A. player.
- Obtained a court-ordered return of property in a federal forfeiture of seized houses based on an innocent owner defense for real estate company/owner of multiple Denver properties in which marijuana was being grown.
- Secured not guilty verdicts in a three-week federal jury trial for a client accused of drug distribution and conspiracy to manufacture bombs.
- Won acquittal in highly-publicized jury trial in Boulder District Court for a renowned builder accused of felony second-degree assault.
- Dismissed felony sex assault charges against prominent software engineer in Jefferson County District Court.
- Dismissed felony sex assault charges against a telecom worker in Arapahoe County.
- Dismissed special offender gun-drug case based on jurisdictional defects in Jefferson and Arapahoe County District Courts.
- Dismissed charges against attorney accused of felony drug distribution based on government misconduct and entrapment defense in Denver District Court.
Honors, Distinctions, and Education:
- 2007–2017 Colorado SuperLawyer in the criminal law category
- 2015–2017 5280 Magazine Top Criminal Attorney
- 2009–2016 Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Colorado, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Editorial Assistant, Trial Handbook for Lawyers
- Published in The Colorado Lawyer, The Washington Post, The Legal Times and Huffington Post
- Guest lecturer at Georgetown University Law School and University of Denver School of Law
- 1997–2000 Alternative Public Defender, City & County of Denver Municipal Court
- 1995 In-House Counsel for MCI
- Recipient of Governors Citation, Senate and House of Delegates Resolutions for Outstanding Achievement as a Prosecutor
- 1986 Investigative Attorney on International Asset Searches of Former Presidents Jean-Claude Duvalier and Ferdinand Marcos
- 1985 Judicial Clerkship, Honorable William McCullough, Chief Judge, Maryland District Court
- 1984 J.D., Antioch School of Law, Law Review Editor
- 1983 Department of Justice, Office of the U.S. Attorney Law Clerk/Academic Scholarship
- 1983 Clerk for the Honorable James A. Belson, D.C. Court of Appeals
- 1979 B.A., Art History & Design, North Carolina State
- Licensed to practice in the States of Colorado, Maryland and Washington, D.C.